In bacterial and viral infectious diseases in the bronchi accumulate a large amount of mucus, which is protective, not allowing the microbes to spread through the body. Any parent knows that is not so easy to cure cough in children – 2 years or close to this value for age is frequently a contraindication to receiving many effective drugs. So you have to find a safer means of treatment.
About 90-92% of all cases of the appearance of considered symptoms account for acute respiratory viral infections. This inflammatory process observed in both the upper and lower respiratory tract.
Another common cause of cough – ENT diseases of the nose, pharynx, paranasal and maxillary sinuses, adenoids or nasopharyngeal tonsils increase. In such situations, the mucus accumulates in these areas, flows into the bronchi along the back wall, irritating the bronchi.
Other factors causing cough:
- fumes in air;
- allergic reaction;
- bronchial asthma;
- reflex psychogenic causes;
- inflammation of the middle ear;
- getting into the bronchi foreign body;
- pathology of the gastrointestinal tract, especially in disorders of the circulation of bile and gastric juice;
- heart disease;
- waxy build-up in the ears;
- obstruction of the bronchi or lungs;
- the consequences of bronchitis;
- pneumonia .
It is worth noting that the cough is only a symptom of an underlying disease, so it is important to engage in therapy the root cause of the problem.
To facilitate the described condition there are 2 kinds of drugs. The first group, cough medicines, is used when the child is 2-3 years there is a dry cough with no sputum (nonproductive). When the discharge of mucus from the bronchi, you should give the baby drugs from the second group – expectorants or mucolytics.
From mucolytics, cough in 2-year-old child are shown only medicines on the basis of cysteine – Pulmozyme, as well as its analogues. Apart from a pronounced mucolytic effect, these drugs have anti-inflammatory action, fight suppuration.
Most pediatricians recognize that the recipes of traditional medicine to cope with cough in children is not worse than expensive pharmaceutical drugs.
To alleviate the problem you can try the following therapies:
- Give baby overnight 1 teaspoon natural buckwheat honey.
- During the day drink a little warm tea with homemade jam.
- Before going to bed to treat a child a glass of milk with a hint of soda water or mineral water.
- Regularly water the little infusions of infants fees (No. 1, 2 and 3).
- To do hot foot bath, massage of the back (tapping, stroking).
Also quite effective for cough inhalation. Unnecessary to buy medicines from the pharmacy, it is enough to add to the water 1-2 drops of anti-inflammatory essential oils (pine, fir, eucalyptus) or to give the baby to breathe the steam from boiled potatoes.
How to treat cough in children age 3 – 7 years? What you need to do in the first place? In most cases, a constant cough in children is a sign of any infection. Then for the baby to be useful to a special foot bath with mustard. Then he needs to wear warm socks. Do not be redundant mustard. Many great help of steam inhalation. Remember that if your child has a high temperature, the above-mentioned funds can only hurt.
Usually, medicines are prescribed only in case if the kid feels bad. However, if the cough is unproductive, experts recommend this method of treatment as antitussive therapy. If it is all about the baby, then you need to keep in mind that he had a cough can occur because of high viscosity of sputum. In this case, come to the aid of the means conducive to its liquefaction.
How to treat an exhausting cough in a child? If the cough is exhausting nature which takes all the forces, and also accompanied by vomiting, then the cough reflex must be suppressed. Take medications only on the advice of a doctor. After all, you can’t know what disease is causing the cough. Thus it is necessary to consider the intensity of the disease.
They bring the airway back to normal. In most cases, doctors recommend Mukaltin. If it is dry cough, they are advised to take Bronholitin. With regard to Aminophylline, it is prescribed in case the child has narrowed the bronchi. SARS appointed the combined funds. Forget about the self! Otherwise the child will get worse.
However, if you all the same in addition to the usual medications want to turn to traditional medicine – coughing many people use steam inhalation for reducing irritation of the mucous. Here we are talking about water paired with medications or medicinal plants. Not superfluous to the use of envelop funds. If the child needs an expectorant, it helps anise, marshmallow, or violet. Usually they are part of the syrups. However, all this should be used only with permission of the attending physician.
Author: Kassirova Elena.
The body of the little man in 2 years is still quite immature, but he already knows how to defend against a variety of risks, from hypothermia and overheating, from viruses and microbes. One form of protection is the cough. It is in the process of clearing the Airways are freed from microbes and accumulated in their sputum. At the same time cough in a child of 2 years is a symptom of many diseases of the respiratory tract (bronchi, trachea, lungs), and parents and pediatricians should be able to determine the type of cough, its characteristics, and the specifics of getting rid of him.
- wet (productive), that is, one that ends with separation and output of phlegm (attacks occur when accumulated a certain amount of sputum, which is very typical for bronchitis);
- dry (non-productive), not accompanied by separation and output of mucus, as a rule, Intrusive, painful (which is characteristic of tracheitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, laryngitis);
- protracted, lasting more than 14 days (such attacks are in the recovery period, being associated not with the presence of inflammation, as that produced excessive amounts of mucus, is caused by excessive sensitivity of cough receptors).
Dry cough in a child of 2 years can be a very dangerous sign, as is characteristic of croup. If the child is 2 years and a bad cough he starts the night on the background of General health, accompanied by barking sounds, lack of air, it is necessary to urgently call a doctor. Such attacks are very dangerous for the life of the baby.
If a child of 2 years feels the cough, treatment should be administered exclusively by the doctor, because the baby is quite small, and any pathological processes in the organism can evolve at lightning speed. In addition, the specificity of treatment always depends on the cause of the symptom, and it can determine only an expert.
In attempts of getting rid of the coughing it is worth remembering that this is a useful reflex, which is impossible to oppress. It allows the body to recover faster following the same principle as the increase in body temperature. Because we all know that it is impossible to bring down the temperature until it reaches a certain limit. The same happens with the cough: if it is not dangerous to health, does not cause choking or vomiting, then deal with it actively you should not.
The treatment accuracy depends on how precisely defined is the cause of the cough reflex. It can be acute respiratory infections, bronchitis, tracheitis, laryngitis, pneumonia, except for such serious reasons as, for example, tuberculosis. You must memorize 3 rules of treatment:
- The creation of favorable conditions for the baby (elimination of unnecessary noise, bright light and other external stimuli to the child the peace of mind and comfort).
- Proper nutrition (i.e. eating more fruits, vegetables, natural foods).
- Abundant warm drink (liquid in large quantities allows you to protect the body from overheating, dehydration and also promotes the removal of phlegm from the upper respiratory tract).
It is also important to follow all doctor’s appointments, but without having to take cough medicines. On the contrary, you need to drink expectorant syrups, inhalations, which will provoke the cough, thereby protecting the child. For the treatment and its dosage, duration and specifics of the reception should be selected a pediatrician based on age, weight, cause of the disease.