Pimples are not only a cosmetic defect.
In some cases, rash on face and body – the primary symptom of infectious disease.
One of such diseases is chickenpox. Look like pimples chickenpox and how many pass?
- All information on this site is exploratory in nature and IS NOT a guide to action!
- To make an ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, You may be a DOCTOR!
- We urge You NOT to self-medicate and make an appointment with a specialist!
- Health to You and Your family!
What are other signs of chicken pox?
How to treat the disease and what complications can occur? Everything in detail.
Varicella (aka chicken pox) refers to a highly contagious infectious diseases that occur only in humans.
The infectious agent is the virus of herpes Zoster (a type of herpes virus type 3), able to travel long distances with the air currents.
Infection occurs by droplets, the virus enters the body almost instantly.
The main symptom of chickenpox is a rash bubble (those who do not know how to look like pimples when the chickenpox photo children and adults can be viewed below).
From the patient to the healthy person, the virus is transmitted 2 days before the rash and for 4 days after appearance of the last pimple.
From someone who recovered from the infection develop a strong immunity to the virus of chickenpox, continuing throughout life.
Similar but not such rashes may occur during enterovirus infections, allergies and dermatitis after insect bite.
On the first day the rash appears it is better to consult a doctor for further diagnosis.
- Are the most susceptible to disease in children ages 4 to 7 years, at least the infection is found in adults. But if the children carry the disease easily enough, then in adulthood infectious process is difficult and often causes complications.
Photo: symptoms of chickenpox in a child
- Very rarely get sick chickenpox infants, mainly in the result of intrauterine infection, if a woman contracted a week before delivery.
Photo: vysypanija the body of a baby
The nature of the current varicella are divided into two types.
Acne when the chickenpox (atypical) may differ in their characteristics and localization.
On this basis allocate 4 forms of atypical varicella.
- Rudimentary. Resolutely is characterized by the appearance of the rash. While a little rash, the disease occurs without fever and catarrhal symptoms, the General health is not impaired.
- Gangrenous. Is characterized by the development of inflammation and formation of pus around the pimples. In place of the bursting of the vesicles visible sores and scabs, which are very long time to heal and may coalesce into large patches.
- Hemorrhagic. The emerging bubbles filled with pus on the skin in areas of acne – bruises. The rash occurs in waves, with an interval in 1-2 days. Additional symptoms is coughing up blood or vomiting blood, nosebleeds. In hemorrhagic chickenpox high risk of internal bleeding and death.
- Generalized (visceral). The most dangerous form of smallpox in which the rash striking in internal organs – lungs, liver, spleen, kidneys and adrenal glands, pancreas, brain. Generalized chickenpox is dangerous hidden for: rashes are invisible, and the infection acquires a running form.
To recognize the chickenpox early on, it is important to know how to look and how quickly pimples chickenpox, what other signs characteristic of infection.
For 1-3 weeks after infection, the virus exists in the body is hidden, does not prove itself.
At the initial stage, the infection resembles the common cold.
Photo: early in the disease the temperature rises
In children 1 day chickenpox is accompanied by:
- an increase in temperature;
- loss of appetite;
- vomiting or diarrhea (not always);
- General malaise, weakness.
However, for these symptoms to identify the infection impossible. The diagnosis of chickenpox is made only after the appearance of the characteristic rash.
The rash first appears 2-5 days after the development of common symptoms of the infection.
- First, the skin visible red spots with a diameter less than 2 mm.
- Early in the disease they can occur only on the scalp and face, in the abdomen.
- Gradually, the rash spreads through the body, rarely on the mucous membranes.
This sequence is common, but is not a law.
Red spots turn into papules elements with a bit of a raised core and a transparent liquid inside.
- Pimples with narrow reddish rim first very small, but gradually can increase.
- Rash, appearing larger in the adult than in the child’s illness.
- Then eruption into vesicles elements with turbid purulent contents.
- Vesicles are opened, the pimples dry up in their place appear brown.
- Crust formed after 2-3 days after the appearance of the vesicles disappear after an average of 8 days.
The whole period of the disease new lesions, so the patient’s skin are simultaneously present and red spots, papules, vesicles, and crusts.
Photo: in the acute stage of the disease
Sick whether acne with chicken pox?
- No, not sick, but cause intolerable itching, which lasts from the onset of spots and until the formation of crusts.
- At night, when fewer distractions, the itching intensifies.
- In case of accidental scratching of the vesicles formed in its place first the ulcers and then crust.
In children under 12 years chicken pox can occur in mild form – fever, and catarrhal symptoms.
- In this case, the only sign of infection becomes a rash that is usually, has 4 stages of development.
- But in this case of the acne a bit, they quickly dry up, crust over and fall off. Secondary lesions are formed.
To the question, how many days lasts the chicken pox, a simple answer is impossible.
- On average since the beginning of infection until the appearance of the last rash takes 10 days.
- But in adults and children with a strong immune system recovery starts in a week: stop the appearance of new inflammatory lesions on the skin, improves overall health.
- In some cases, the rash lasts up to 14 days and even 3 weeks.
The virus remains in the body throughout life, anchored in the nerve cells.
And if the immune system of the virus is weakened, the infection can develop secondary.
- The localization of the rash depends on which nerves were affected. Most often a skin lesion is noted in the abdomen or under the arms, and the disease called shingles.
- Sometimes in shingles rash does not appear, and are marked only pain along the nerve. Most such manifestations of the disease observed in the elderly. During periods of secondary lesions from a patient can also be infected with chickenpox.
Than treating acne with chicken pox should be decided by the doctor.
To reduce the intensity of the rash can prescribe antiviral ointment:
To prevent infection, the affected area should be treated with antiseptic solutions.
Photo: treatment rash zelenkoj
But green fodder can be used:
- a solution of potassium permanganate;
- alcohol solution of boric acid and furatsilina solution (used primarily in lesions of the oral cavity);
- Calamine lotion (in addition to antiseptic properties is characterized by a cooling effect, reduces itching).
How to get rid of black acne? Find out here.
Treatment frequency depends on the specific antiseptic.
- Zelenka can be applied to the rash often, whereas treatment with fukortsin carried out 4 times a day (no more).
- To promote healing, specialists prescribe a zinc or salicylic-zinc ointment. These tools help to quickly dry the inflamed areas apply only at the stage of formation of the crust.
- If the allergies to zinc or excipients agents used herbal medicinal products (e.g. mummy). They are less effective and are only used in case of failure treatment with synthetic drugs.
- At high temperatures shows antipyretics based on paracetamol (Panadol) or ibuprofen (Nurofen).
- Relieve itching and irritation help antihistamines in the form of tablets (adult), drops or syrups (for children). Representatives – Effective, Zodak, Allergin. Also help reduce itching baths with oatmeal and cornmeal, cool compresses.
The disease is accompanied by severe itching and often complicated by bacterial infection (by scratching the bubbles and the child and the adult can bring into the wound microbes).
The result is the appearance of purulent lesions.
Photo: rash on body adult
Than to smear the pimples with purulent content and how to treat bacterial complication of chickenpox, knows doctor. It is better to consult your doctor and follow all his recommendations.
If there is purulent acne, to suppress pathogenic flora antibiotics are prescribed:
- penicillin group (Amoxicillin) – inside either the injection;
- cephalosporin (Cefazolin) – intramuscular injection.
In addition to antimicrobial therapy, antihistamines in inside and local treatment of lesions with antiseptics (as for uncomplicated chickenpox).
According to statistics, from complications occurs in about 5 % of cases of chickenpox.
In the high-risk group – infants, immunocompromised patients, pregnant women. There are over 200 types of complications of varicella, which may be associated with the activity of the virus itself, and with the addition of a secondary bacterial infection.
With the development of complications caused by the activity of the virus, perhaps the defeat of all organs and systems.
Photo: veranica pneumonia is more common in adults
It is noted the formation of small necrotic lesions with hemorrhages, spaced around the periphery.
Common bacterial complications of chickenpox include:
The most dangerous consequence of secondary infection is sepsis.
More common in adolescents and adults, pregnant women.
- Only detected on chest x-ray, which greatly complicates diagnosis.
- The main symptoms – weakness, shortness of breath, pain in the chest.
- In severe cases, there is the presence of sputum containing blood.
Vetryanaya pneumonia can be caused by bacteria and herpes virus.
Often develops at the stage of formation of crusts.
Photo: the disease can be complicated by encephalitis vetranary
- After several days of satisfactory health condition of the patient is deteriorating again: the temperature rises, there is vomiting and headaches, dizziness, gait becomes shaky, there is lethargy.
- Sometimes the patient can not stand, keep your head.
This complication has a favorable prognosis, however, unsteadiness of gait may persist for several months.
- The rash is strictly forbidden to open it, comb it, squeeze – it leads to further spread of infection, the development of bacterial complications, the formation of scars.
- You can’t handle the bubbles too often – it can also lead to the formation of scars after acne.
- Not high temperature the child to knock acetylsalicylic acid – the drug can aggravate the disease.
- You need to constantly change the bedding and underwear of the patient with chicken pox.
- The room should be regularly ventilated because heat increases itching.
What to do if the pimples on the legs? Find out here.
Than to cure pimples in vagina? Read on.
- But sometimes chickenpox occurs without lesions. In this case, knowledge about how to look and how many days pour out the acne, not help you recognize the infection.
- In addition, these pimples can occur under certain other skin or infectious diseases.
To confirm the diagnosis and prevent the development of dangerous complications, you need to consult a doctor.