Found in four dictionaries:
“Encyclopedic dictionary”, “Soviet ENCYCLOPAEDIA”, “the Dictionary of Ephraim” .
inflammation of the Appendix. Signs of acute appendicitis: abdominal pain, predominantly in the right iliac region, nausea, vomiting, etc. Complications: perforation of the Appendix and peritonitis. Treatment is surgical.
APPENDICANDT, and inflammation of the Appendix.
| appendicitis, th, th.
Inflammation of the Appendix (1).
– see the Appendix.
The total stock of vocabulary (from the Greek. Lexikos is) is the set of all basic semantic units of the same language. The lexical meaning of the words reveals a common understanding of the subject, property, action, feeling, abstract phenomenon, effect, event and the like. In other words, defines what denotes this notion in mass consciousness. Once unknown phenomenon becomes clear, specific signs, either there is awareness of the object, people assign a name (sound-letter shell), but rather the lexical meaning. Then it enters the dictionary definitions with the interpretation of the content.
Words and specialized terms in every language so much that know all of their interpretations are simply unrealistic. In the modern world, there are many thematic dictionaries, encyclopedias, thesauri, glossaries. Go over varieties:
- Sensible to Find the meaning of the word you will be able in the explanatory dictionary of the Russian language. Each explanatory “article” interpreter interprets the search term in their native language, and examines its use in the content. (PS: Even more word usage, but without explanation you will read in the National corpus of the Russian language. This is the base volume of written and oral texts of the native language.) Under the authorship of V. I. dal’, Ozhegov S. I., Ushakov D. N. released the most well-known thesauri with interpretation semantics. The only drawback of the edition, the vocabulary is not updated.
- Encyclopedic In contrast to the intelligent, academic and encyclopedic online dictionaries give more complete, detailed explanation of the meaning. Large encyclopedias contain information about historical events, personalities, cultural aspects, artifacts. Articles encyclopedias tell of the realities of the past and broadens the mind. They can be generic or themed, targeted at a specific audience of users. For example, “a Lexicon of financial terms”, “encyclopedia of Economics”, “Philosophy. Encyclopedic Glossary”, “encyclopedia of clothing and fashion”, universal multilingual online encyclopedia “Wikipedia”.
- Industry These glossaries is intended for professionals with a specific profile. Their goal is to explain professional terms, the explanatory value of specific notions narrow scope, branches of science, business, and industry. They are issued in the format of a dictionary, terminological dictionary or scientific reference manuals (“Thesaurus for advertising, marketing and PR”, “Legal guide”, “Terminology MOE”).
- Borrowings and etymological Etymological dictionary is a linguistic encyclopedia. In it you will read the explanations for the origin of lexical meanings, which was formed the word (primordial borrowed), its morphemic composition, semasiology, the time of occurrence, historical change analysis. The lexicographer will establish where the vocabulary have been borrowed, will consider follow-up semantic enrichment in the group of related word forms and the scope of functioning. Will give use in conversation. As a sample, etymological and lexical analysis of the concept “surname”: borrowed from Latin (familia), which means nest, a family, a household. From the XVIII century is used as the second personal name (inherited). Included in the active lexicon. The etymological dictionary explains the origin of overtones winged phrases, idioms. Let us comment on the idiomatic expression “true truth”. It is treated as the absolute truth, the absolute truth. Don’t believe in etymological analysis, it turned out, this idiom originates from the method of medieval torture. The defendant was beaten with a whip tied to the end node, which is called “Lin”. Under tench people were given full disclosure, linnow the truth.
- Glossary of obsolete vocabulary What is the difference between the archaisms of historicism? Some items consistently fall out of use. And then out of the vocabulary definitions units. Words that describe disappeared from the life phenomena and objects, referred to as historicism. Examples of historicism: camisole, musket king, Khan, thumbs, instructor, clerk, purse, headdress, Chaldean, parish and others. To know what’s the meaning of the words that are no longer used in speech, you will be able collections of obsolete phrases. Orgasmmy is a word that has retained the essence, changing the terminology: the poet — the poet of the forehead — the forehead, the ruble, the ruble, overseas — foreign, the Fortezza fortress, the Zemstvo — the national, zwiback — sponge biscuits, cookies. In other words they replaced synonyms, and more relevant in today’s reality. In this category fall staroslavyansky — Lexis of old Church Slavonic, close to the Russian: grad (Starosel.) — the city (Rus.), child — a child, gates — gate, the fingers — fingers, mouth, lips, to eke out — shuffle. Archaisms are found in the turnover of writers, poets, pseudo-historical and fantasy movies.
- Translation, foreign Bilingual dictionaries for translation of words from one language to another. The Anglo-Russian, Spanish, German, French and others.
- The collection of phraseological Idioms is lexically sustainable momentum netlenkoy structure and certain implication. These include sayings, Proverbs, idioms, sayings, aphorisms. Some phrases moved from legends and myths. They give the literary style of artistic expression. Idioms are usually used in a figurative sense. Replacement of any component, rearrangement or rupture of the phrase lead to speech error, unrecognized subtext of the phrase, the distortion of the essence when translated into other languages. Find the figurative meaning of such expressions in a phraseological dictionary. Examples of idioms: “over the moon”, “mosquito nose will not undermine”, “Blue blood”, “Devil’s Advocate”, “Burning bridges,” “open Secret,” “How the water looked,” “Dust in the eyes to let”, “to Work carelessly”, “sword of Damocles”, “Greeks bearing Gifts”, “double edged sword”, “bone of contention”, “hay”, “Sisyphean task”, “Reds”, “Keep your eyes open,” “Casting pearls before swine”, “less than nothing”, “Wily”, “the Augean stables”, “the Caliph for an hour”, “puzzle”, “the Soul is not chayat”, “flapping Ears”, the “Achilles heel”, “the Dog ate”, “Like water off a duck”, “to catch at a straw”, “Build castles in the air”, “Be in trend”, “Living in clover”.
- Definition of neologisms in Linguistic change and stimulates dynamic life. Humanity is committed to the development, simplification of life, innovation and this contributes to the appearance of new things, and technology. Neologisms — lexical expressions, unfamiliar objects, new realities in people’s lives, emerging concepts and phenomena. For example, what does “Barista” is a profession kofevar; professional on coffee that is versed in the varieties of coffee bean, can you arrange a steaming Cup of drink before serving to the customer. Every word was once a neologism, has not yet become common, and was not included in the active vocabulary of the common language. Many of them disappear without even making it to active use. Neologisms are derivational, i.e. completely newly formed (including anglicisms), and semantic. The semantic neologisms are already known lexical concepts, endowed with fresh content, such as “pirate” — not only the sea of Korsar, but the infringer of copyright, the user torrent resources. Here are just a few instances of word-formation of neologisms: life hacking, meme, Google, flash mob, casting Director, pre-production, copywriting, want to be friends with, pushing, Moneymaker, Scrin, freelancing, headliner, blogger, downshifting, fake, brandalism. Another option, “all copyright” — the content owner or an ardent supporter of intellectual property rights.
- Other 177+ in addition to these, there are thesauri: linguistic, in various fields of linguistics; dialect; language and culture; grammar; linguistic terms; eponyms; list of abbreviations; vocabulary of the tourist; slang. The students will be useful lexical slovariki with synonyms, antonyms, homonyms, paronyms and teaching: spelling, punctuation, word-formation, and morphemic. Pronouncing Handbook for the production of stress and a correct literary pronunciation (phonetics). In toponymic dictionaries-dictionaries contains geographical information on the regions and names. In anthropological data about their names, surnames, nicknames.
Easier to communicate, specifically and more concisely to Express thoughts, spice up your speech — all this is feasible with an extended vocabulary. With the help of online all you How to determine the meaning of words online, please select the related synonyms and enrich your vocabulary. The last point is easily rectified by reading fiction. You will become more knowledgeable interesting to talk and maintain conversation on different topics. Writers and writers for warming up the internal generator of ideas it is helpful to know what the words mean, say, the middle Ages or from a philosophical Glossary.
Globalization takes its toll. This affects writing. It has become fashionable mixed spelling in Cyrillic and Latin transliteration: SPA-salon, fashion industry, GPS-Navigator, Hi-Fi or High End acoustics, Hi-Tech electronics. To correctly interpret the contents of words-hybrids, switch language keyboard layouts. Let your speech breaks the stereotypes. Texts concerned with feelings, spilled elixir for the soul, and not expire. Good luck in your creative experiments!
Project How to all developing and enhancing modern dictionaries with the vocabulary of real time. Stay tuned. This site helps you to speak and write in Russian correctly. Please tell us about anyone who is studying at the University, school, preparing for exams, writes the lyrics, studying the Russian language.
Could you help? Share link on forums, in social networks.