The symptoms and treatment of dementia in elderly people are relatives of the sick person. People in old age often include memory loss, lack of interest in life and Hobbies, unkempt appearance to age-related changes. In most cases, these symptoms indicate senile dementia. Well-chosen therapeutic measures can save the patient from forgetfulness, inattention, poor health, regain interest in life. In the clinic of neurology usupovskiy hospital experienced doctors carry out the treatment of dementia in the elderly, using effective techniques and individually tailored rehabilitation programs.
The most pronounced manifestation is dementia in older people, symptoms and care which depend on the severity of the disease. In old age, senile or senile dementia is the result of brain damage. Symptoms of the disease begin to manifest gradually, so that the patient and his relatives may not notice any signs of the disease. Dementia in the elderly, treatment should begin at an early stage to obtain maximum results, it has a characteristic manifestation.
Neurologists consider symptoms of dementia, depending on which area of life they affect. There are the following signs of dementia:
- loss of skills in dementia is manifested in difficulties in daily operations, such as writing something, doing up buttons, brushing teeth, turning on the warm water in the shower. The implementation of these actions of a healthy person does not think about their mechanism, but the development of the disease they are erased in the subconscious of the patient and also decreases the ability to learn;
- loss of ability to think logically, can long time remain without attention of the patient or people around him. In a patient with dementia lost the skills of information analysis, he descends to the mechanism of satisfaction of the vital needs;
- changes in the emotional sphere inevitably causes dementia in the elderly, treatment of which should be performed by experienced neurologist. Many patients with severe dementia characterized by development of depression, excessive touchiness, feelings of loneliness;
- memory loss happens gradually, at first, this symptom manifests itself in absent-mindedness and forgetfulness, but over disease erased working memory. The patient with the disease may forget their address, familiar people and events;
- psychotic symptoms in patients with dementia rarely. People of advanced age can be delusional. Dementia in the elderly, symptoms and treatment which raises a lot of questions from the relatives of the patient, in the later stages may be accompanied by a tendency to vagrancy.
Specialists of the clinic of neurology usupovskiy hospitals carefully study the symptoms of the disease in each patient, based on the obtained information, the neurologist determines the cause of the disease. After treatment in yusupovskiy hospital patients return to normal life.
Dementia in the elderly can be diagnosed when examining laboratory data, in the course of communication with the patient and his family. Timely administered treatment will help to avoid exacerbations.
During the conversation, the neurologist should alert the following:
- the patient noted a violation of the social status;
- traced the coarseness and lack of modesty;
- decline in cognitive abilities, abstract thinking, lack of critical attitude towards their behaviour, appearance;
- violation of short-term and long-term memory.
In the clinic of neurology usupovskiy hospital with the diagnosis of dementia using modern techniques that allow to reliably establish the presence of dementia. Death from dementia in the elderly occurs in the absence of adequate and timely treatment, so it is important to seek the assistance of a neurologist.
In the treatment of dementia in the elderly, the neurologist is essential to ensure an integrated approach. For each patient an individual therapeutic range, depending on the stage of the disease, concomitant diseases, age of the patient, his individual characteristics. Treatment is based on the use of drugs and non-pharmacological treatments. In yusupovskiy the hospital presented the complete list of required medicines.
In the treatment of dementia important component is to support the patient’s loved ones, relatives will help the person to feel psychological comfort and to perform feasible actions.
Consult a specialist and be diagnosed if you have symptoms of dementia You can at the clinic of neurology usupovskiy hospital. Make an appointment with the leading neurologists of the clinic on the phone.