No matter how prudent nor were the people, there is always a chance to get caught on the hook of stale food, even if they are seemingly not giving any sign of damage. Often in such situations, the victim is struggling with the signs of intoxication in the home, not even thinking that not every poisoning can be cured on their own. In order not to harm yourself you need to be able to recognize dangerous symptoms in cases of poisoning by food, and time to seek help.
Sometimes food poisoning can last for several days. Often it is due to the ingestion of microbes, bacteria contained in food. Poorly washed foods, not work fruit, vegetables with foods that cause indigestion. All this leads to the following symptoms:
- Worsens the human condition
- A sharp pain in the abdomen
- The weakness of the body, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- The appearance of bitterness in the mouth
- Great salivation
- Diarrhea that leads to dehydration
- The fever, fever, fever
- Affects the nervous system, can cause convulsions
- The face becomes pale, changing the color of the lips
More serious symptoms in case of poisoning by tainted food affect:
- change the color of urine
- a sudden decrease of pressure, which can cause you to faint
- yellowing of the whites of the eyes
- rapid pulse
- strong and frequent diarrhea with blood
- sore throat, swelling of tonsils
- dry mouth, shortness of breath
Everyone is faced with food poisoning. Them, mostly cause the food products with expired shelf life, spoiled food, bad treatment, not edible mushrooms and various poisonous plants. It is very important to comply with hygiene requirements: wash hands thoroughly, changing towels, time to change sponge for washing dishes, to keep the correct storage of food in the fridge. Also food poisoning can occur due to foods that contain large amounts of nitrates.
When purchasing products, you need to pay attention to the smell, the color, the freshness of the product. If the food discovered the prints of the mold, bubbles, wrong consistency, its not even worth it to try, and immediately should be discarded. But sometimes there poisoning and the foods that have a good shelf life, and apparently without signs of deterioration. Depends on who produced this products.
The reason may be the production team not complying with rules of hygiene or which are carriers of infection, thereby infecting products.
Food poisoning cause products:
- Cakes with “overexposed” expiration date
- Milk products: yogurt, milk, curd, cheese, fermented baked milk
- Canned foods such as pates, canned fish, green peas, corn, fruit
- Sausage, meat
- Salads, dressed with sour cream, mayonnaise
- Unwashed fruits and vegetables
- Expired juices
- Carbonated sugar water
To avoid food poisoning it is important to monitor the shelf life of any product, if packaged products need to pay attention to the integrity of the packaging. Vegetables and fruits before eating wash well and they are saturated with boiling water.
If manifest the slightest symptoms of food poisoning should immediately begin to act:
- First and foremost, you must withdraw all poisonous substance from the body: baking soda or table salt diluted with boiled water (to get a weak solution). Drink 2 – 3 cups, you can replace it with a weak solution of potassium permanganate, after drinking induce vomiting.
- After gastric lavage, it is necessary to take any sorbents or just activated carbon, they pull over toxins;
- If you have a fever, drink acetaminophen.
- After poisoning, it is advisable not to take heavy food during the day. You can eat a light meal: soup with crackers, cereal.
Video popular recipes treatment of food poisoning:
If after all the activity health is not improving it is necessary to call an ambulance or, if you have the strength, self-refer to the therapist, the gastroenterologist. A qualified doctor will prescribe special tests and prescribe correct treatment. It is important to remember, timely medical intervention is the key to health.
It should be noted that the above described features, methods of primary care apply only to food poisoning, for example, symptoms after ingestion of poisonous plants or mushrooms there are several others: can be caused by paralysis, loss of vision, suffocation, and hallucinations. In these cases, no ambulance just will not do.