While appendectomy is the damaged wall of the intestine, which is sutured. If you go to the daily diet immediately after the removal of appendicitis, possible suture. It is fraught with ejection into the abdominal cavity of the intestinal contents and the occurrence of peritonitis. So you want to know diet after appendectomy in children and adults and what food it is important to refuse after the operation of appendicitis.
After removal of appendicitis, the body needs nutritional elements to restore strength and prolong the operating scar. Cut appendicitis after surgery leaves the risk of infection in the abdominal region. Diet after the removal of the Appendix must be balanced and include healthy foods that contain minerals and vitamins as well as proteins, carbohydrates, fats.
Proteins from lean meat required by the body for the formation of collagen, which forms connective tissue and fills in the incision after an operation for appendicitis, which promotes successful healing. Carbohydrates from fruits, vegetables and cereals provide energy for normal recovery. Fats from plant sources are necessary for the formation of cell membranes.
Diet after surgery appendicitis required to include the vitamins and minerals they need to strengthen the immune system. Proper functioning of the immune system means more efficient recovery without postoperative infection.
- Zinc promotes wound healing and is necessary for the production of white blood cells. A large amount of zinc is present in seafood and cereals.
- Vitamin a prevents infections and maintains the integrity of tissues. The body produces this vitamin from eating pumpkin and carrot.
- Vitamin C helps produce antibodies to fight bacteria and viruses. Considerable content of this vitamin is observed in citrus.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant. It prevents damage to cellular structures caused by harmful free radicals. Vitamin E rich dried apricots and spinach.
The primary goal of the diet after surgery to remove the Appendix is to help recovery and to facilitate postoperative recovery. In the first 3 days you need to strictly adhere to the doctor’s instructions for eating after appendectomy. Usually the patient does not require any food the first day, it is permissible to moisten the lips with water.
After any type of surgery, you must begin meals with easily digestible liquid products. After two or three days, gradually add in the diet of solid foods. Meals need to take in small portions every 2-3 hours. It is advisable to chew it to puree consistency.
What can I eat a week after appendicitis? Expand power at the expense of lean chicken, vegetables and fruits, cereals on the water. Eating solid diet food, grind it in a blender or wipe boiled vegetables into a puree.Useful products during this period, reduce the burden on the digestive tract, reduce nausea, vomiting, and flatulence.
- Strained broth is a nourishing food for weak operation of the body. Take it in small SIPS and increase the amount gradually to avoid nausea.
- Pumpkin – a source of beta-carotene from which the body is formed vitamin A. It AIDS in recovery and accelerates wound healing. The pumpkin can be boiled or baked in the oven, and then grind into a puree. Similarly, you can take carrots.
- Low-fat plain yogurt and sugar well absorbed by the body. Diet after surgery appendicitis start with a few spoonfuls of yogurt, then the number can be increased.
It is important to remember to use a sufficient amount of drink, as its deficiency will trigger abdominal discomfort. In the absence of contraindications, and drink 8-10 glasses of fluid a day, not less than two-thirds of this amount must be submitted with clean water. She needs to drink 30 minutes before a meal or after a half an hour after.
Diet after appendectomy excludes all that has a negative impact on the digestive process. In the first month after removal of appendicitis is not recommended to use:
- fried foods, chocolate, and sausages – they contain a lot of fat and are hard to digest by the intestine;
- pastries and sweets – this food is harmful for health during post-operative recovery, it can cause bloating and diarrhea;
- milk – the lactose contained in it, is poorly digested;
- red meat for a long time is in the intestines, and requires several hours to digest;
- canned foods cause fermentation in the gut;
- coffee and tea will cause irritation of the digestive system;
- legumes – too much leads to bloating;
- alcohol may interact with the anesthetic medication and drugs that are prescribed by the attending physician;
- spices, ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard irritate the intestines.
It is important to follow a healthy diet, rich in nutrients. The ideal diet after appendicitis causes inflammation of the abdominal cavity, does not cause the appearance of gas and abdominal discomfort.
One of the consequences of the operation – it can adversely affect intestinal motility. Some after removal of appendicitis may cause diarrhea, although in most cases patients suffer from constipation. Facilitating appendicitis diet will ensure normal passage of the bowel using a specially selected menu.
A sample diet that you can eat children after surgery for appendicitis, is not qualitatively different from what you can eat after the surgery adults. The child should limit the portion size, but eat he must complete. Should not be cut from the diet of important macronutrients, postoperative diet should be balanced.
- Start the day with a glass of pineapple or orange juice. Make a Breakfast sandwich with marmalade or boiled chicken and add low-fat yogurt.
- At lunch, prepare a vegetable broth and pasta. Instead of broth, you can cook vegetable soup with carrots, pumpkin or potatoes. For a more substantial lunch, prepare a chicken breast with white rice can be baked chicken with mashed potatoes.
- Dinner should be light. Eat a boiled egg or steamed vegetables. You can dine yoghurt with baked Apple or chicken broth.
- For snacking between meals, use an Apple, pear or a glass of juice.
It is recommended to follow the diet after appendectomy for three weeks. Then, after the approval of the doctor go to regular foods. If you notice that a certain food for appendicitis causes abdominal pain or bloating, avoid these foods until full recovery. Complete healing of the intestinal wall takes 3-4 months. At this time, it is also recommended to minimize the reception of unwanted products to avoid abdominal discomfort.