For idiopathic autoimmune hemolytic anemia primary prevention measures do not exist, as the unknown causes of the disease.
Primary prevention secondary autoimmune anemia corresponds to the prevention of diseases that can potentially cause autoimmune process. In other words, it is recommended that a healthy lifestyle:
- Stick to a healthy diet.
- Do not abuse alcohol.
- Give up Smoking.
- Avoid hypothermia.
- Timely treat autoimmune diseases.
- Pass preventive examinations for cancer.
In the case when the disease has already occurred, it is important to maintain the normal functioning of the liver and spleen, so it is recommended that the diet №5 by Pevsner, which in the preventive mode, you can not comply strictly, but simply be guided in the preparation of the diet. Diet №5 suggests a reduced fat intake while maintaining normal consumption of protein and carbohydrates.
Food is eaten mainly boiled and steam, the power is a fraction, 5 times per day. Not recommended cold food.
- daily or dried bread;
- kefir, yogurt and other dairy products;
- sour cream – is limited, as seasonings;
- soups cereal and vegetable, soup and soup;
- lean meat varieties: beef, chicken, rabbit;
- fish low-fat varieties of boiled, baked or jellied;
- pasta boiled;
- eggs – limited, in the form of an omelette;
- cereals in assortment;
- fruits and berries sour varieties;
- jellies and compotes;
- sugar, jam, marmalade;
Excluded from the diet the following foods and dishes:
- fresh bread and sweet bakery products;
- fatty meats – duck, goose, pork, lamb;
- offal – liver and kidneys;
- scrambled eggs and boiled eggs;
- radish, turnip and radish;
- spicy sauces and condiments;
- pastry with cream;
- coffee and cocoa;
- ice cream;
- cold drinks;
- the original recommendations Pevsner contain sausage and diet, it is important to remember that meant the original Soviet recipe, and what is now sold in stores under the guise of doctoral sausage, is not recommended, and prohibited products.
It is recommended to follow treatment-and-prophylactic rules:
- Do not allow the recruitment of extra pounds. If you are overweight, reduce it to normal values.
- Avoid hypothermia. When Raynaud’s syndrome without having go outside in cold weather or dress very warmly, especially protecting hands and feet. Do not handle cold items.
- Try to avoid stress.
- Avoid excessive physical exertion.
- Go for a walk, which allow no-load to increase flow in the extremities.
- Avoid developing diseases in time to consult a doctor for timely diagnosis.
- We recommend taking vitamins A, E, B5, and folic acid.
Responsibly treat treatment of autoimmune hemolytic anemia:
- Do not self-medicate.
- Do not refuse the drugs prescribed by your doctor, follow all his recommendations.
- Consult your doctor about taking any medications – they can cause a worsening of your condition.
- In secondary autoimmune hemolytic anemia meals and get yourself checked regularly by specialists.
- Visit your doctor-a hematologist every 3 months for at least 5 years.
- After reaching remission of the disease regularly take tests: total blood count, including reticulocytes – once a month, a biochemical blood test for bilirubin with fractions and LDH – once in 2 months, direct Coombs test – once in 3-6 months, the immunoassay determination of the amount of immunoglobulins on the membrane of red blood cells – once in 2 months.
Following the recommendations of a specialist and timely treatment of autoimmune hemolytic anemia the prognosis of the disease is favorable in terms of curing anemia. However, treatment with immunosuppressants, although and normalize the level of hemoglobin in 90-95% of cases, it is hard tolerated by patients, and reduced immunity leads to increased risk of infectious diseases and septic complications. That’s why it’s so important to constantly watch the doctor-hematologist and follow all the recommendations. With the appearance of alarming symptoms, he will be able to adjust the treatment plan. In secondary autoimmune hemolytic anemia it is important for the cure of the primary that is causing the anemia disease, so don’t forget to seem to specialists.