Eye drops for the conjunctivitis take prescription. The choice of drug depends on the type of pathogen and shape of the disease.
Inflammation of the eye that covers the mucous membrane, develops from the contact with the organs of vision viruses, fungi and bacteria. The agent is able to cause cold, flu, ARI. Ophthalmologists recommend to treat conjunctivitis in adults and children drops different actions.
Taking into account the classification of the pathogen of an infectious process in the eye can be starts following tools:
Antiviral drops conjunctivitis affects cells, destroying the pathogen.
For this form of the disease characterized by watery eyes with clear discharge.
If the affected 1 eye, buried it carefully, so that the droplet of solution is not put in another.
From viral forms of the disease help following medications:
- The florenal ─ quickly neutralize the virus.
- Cebrian ─ use 3 times daily.
- Guantan ─ effectively fighting the virus, causing side effects. Treatment of conjunctivitis of complex shape consists in the repeated administration of the drug (5 — 6 times daily).
- Poludan ─ appointed from blepharoconjunctivitis.
- Dexamethasone ─ is not recommended for women in the state.
To antibiotic eye drops from conjunctivitis include Ophthalmoferon and Locteron. They destroy the pathogen, enhancing mucosal immunity. If the disease is bacterial in nature, then prescribe antimicrobial eye drops. For this form of the disease characterized by the appearance of pus and mucus, this affects the 2 eyes.
The treatment of conjunctivitis bacterial nature is taking antibiotics, are presented in the form of the following solutions:
- Sulfacetamide 20% solution or 30% ─ the attending physician selects a concentration, taking into account the patient’s age. Children it is better to drip 20%, because it does not cause burning, and for adults it is better to use a 30% solution. The drug is taken 3 times a day. It is well reduces redness and swelling.
- ─ used 5 times daily. These drops to treat conjunctivitis antiseptic effect.
- Norsulfazol is used 4 times a day. Pre-washed eyes.
- Chloramphenicol ─ antibacterial effect. Used 4 times a day.
- Vigamox ─ administered to elderly patients.
- Floksal ─ has antimicrobial effects. Buried in 2 eyes 5 times a day.
- Gentamicin ─ drop when conjunctivitis has antimicrobial effects.
- Zinc sulfate is designated as an effective antibacterial solution for adults.
In chronic conjunctivitis the drops prescribed the following: 1% solution potassium permanganate, silver nitrate. You can use herbal remedies (decoction of a succession, chamomile and calendula). Allergic form of the disease is associated with a negative impact of aggressive tools on the eyes.
What drops are used in the suppression of allergic conjunctivitis? The list of funds selected by the doctor based on the type of allergen.
The action of these drugs is aimed at relieving inflammation and swelling, redness of the eye and eyelid.
The patient is given drops for the outdoor reception (Cortisone, claritin, Lacritin) and antihistamines. Of antibacterial drugs prescribed Tobrex, Optatec. Intravenous use of calcium chloride 10%, tablets Diphenhydramine.
Effective eye drops against conjunctivitis:
- Guantan ─ available in powder form, which before taking dissolved in holinolitikam. The resulting solution was used 2 times daily.
- Poludan ─ used when blepharoconjunctivitis. The solution is buried pipette.
- Optatec ─ effective drops from eye chlamydia and acute conjunctivitis in children.
- Dexamethasone ─ provokes a sharp burning sensation.
- Floresan ─ is assigned for minor conjunctivitis. Effectively disinfects the lenses.
- Norsulfazol ─ powder, to dissolve which will require regular water. The resulting solution is used to eliminate infections of the eye.
- Vigamox ─ prescribed for the treatment of corneal ulcers and any form of conjunctivitis.
- Floksal ─ eliminates conjunctivitis provoked by staphylococci, Salmonella, gonococci.
- Ciprofloxacin ─ is not indicated for keratitis, blepharitis.
- Lacritin ─ gentle and effective remedy for allergic conjunctivitis.
- Taufon ─ is assigned when conjunctivitis in dystrophic cornea. Applied twice a day.
- Gentamicin ─ quickly eliminates keratoconjunctivitis.
- Intecolor ─ a tool used in the prevention of inflammation of the mucosa.
When this disease used solutions on the basis of Chloramphenicol and Cortisone. But they cause severe burning and pain in the eyes. The composition of the solution is part of of Chloramphenicol chloramphenicol ─ substance, effectively eliminating bacterial infection. The disadvantages of this tool include high incidence of allergies and negative effects on the circulatory system. Read more about treatment in this video:
TOPEX ─ germicide, quickly relieving inflammation, while providing a broad impact on the body. Drops are used to treat staphylococcal and streptococcal infections. At their base is the aminoglycoside tobramycin. The solution is well tolerated by the child and without limitations assigned to the baby.
Cipromed ─ an antimicrobial agent used in conjunctivitis blepharostoma form.
It is composed of ciprofloxacin-the antibiotic is a fluoroquinolone broad spectrum of influence. Drops prescribed to combat gonorrhea. The analogues of this solution include Normaks, Italics. Drops with sulfonamides (Sulfacetamide) is effective and safe. But their children prescribed with caution.
Ophthalmologists distinguish 2 types of antiviral solutions from conjunctivitis:
- drops with finished interferon;
- drops which stimulate the production of antiviral protein personal.
The first group of tools are drop okoferon and Ophthalmoferon. Included in their structure of recombinant interferon, which has a strong immunomodulirutee and antiviral effects. Part of Ophthalmoferon includes antihistamine a substance that reduces the risk of inflammation.
The second group includes drops Aktipol and Poludan, which have antiviral, antioxidant and radioprotective effect. These drugs speed up the regeneration of the mucosa, the virus quickly to treat the inflammation.
Drops which are used for the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis developed on the basis of azelastine and kromoglitsievoy acid. These substances stabilize the membranes of fat cells. In the process of contact with the allergen the immune complex affects the cells, causing the release of substances that are responsible for Allergy symptoms. To effective anti-Allergy drops include Allergodil, Lekrolin and a good cough medicine. About the struggle with the virus see in this video:
When acute course of conjunctivitis is assigned a comprehensive treatment that includes the use of anti-inflammatory solutions. But they removed only the symptoms of the disease without eliminating the cause. So the patient can NSAID and hormonal medications. The first group is the Diklo F. in non-infectious conjunctivitis, to reduce the intensity of pain syndrome, was adopted Intecolor. Effective hormonal drops include Dexamethasone.
Most often the disease occurs without complications, if treated properly.
During therapy is recommended to maintain good hygiene. If the disease developed on the background of chlamydia, then it is long-term therapy.